There are occasions, as soon as we want to move a vm disk up to a container that is different the exact same AHV Cluster.
For e.g. : we might wish to go this VM Disk for a container with De-Dupliction Disabled. To relocate a digital machine’s disk to a new container for a passing fancy AHV group, after actions are needed:
Needs for the Move:
- Supply Container ID (where in actuality the vmdisk is situated initially)
- Destination Container ID (our target container regarding the exact same group)
- VM Disk(s) UUID (UUID of every disk we have to go “acli vm.get ”)
- Power-off the VM
Overview of procedures:
- Determine the vmdisk_uuid of each and every disk that is virtual the VM.
- Ensure that the VM for which the VMdisk we have been migrating is powered down.
- Make use of the Acropolis Image provider to clone the supply digital Disk(s) into Image(s) from the target container.
- Connect the disk through the Acropolis Image(s) which created in step three towards the VM. (więcej…)